Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bucket Fillers!

This fall has been pretty interesting in my classroom. Some of my students have really been having trouble with being respectful and working together. My school has launched the R-time program which I have mentioned in previous posts and it is awesome but it hasn't totally sunk in for all of my kiddos. The program is done once or twice a week for 15 minutes. Students are paired randomly and asked to use manners to have a discussion or work on a short activity together. I have seen improvement overall but there's still more work to do.


Unfortunately, some just can't seem to understand that they need to have good manners and care for each other ALL the time, instead of just when they feel like it. So this week, my high school intern introduced the bucket fillers lesson. My kids are loving it so far so I hope that this adds to our positive classroom community. I really feel like the more we do to help the students build positive relationships and good habits, the better the rest of the year will go. I'll keep you updated on the progress! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment