Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ready or Not, Here We Go! :)

It's official, school is starting tomorrow morning! I am a bundle of nerves. I am excited about getting to know my new students, already missing my now 3rd graders, and relieved to be teaching 2nd grade again. Things are starting quickly, I am launching Daily 5 this week and our math curriculum has changed again so we are already working on place value to 1,200 in the first month of school! I am also a differentiation coach for my school this year. Last year I was mentored as part of a pilot but now I'm officially on my own! I am really excited to start tiering activities and implementing math stations right away. I already have a pre-assessment ready for Tuesday. AHHH! It's funny, I am nervous, but this year I feel a little more in my element since I am walking back into the same classroom and teaching the same age group. Last year was my second year teaching but since I was at a new school in a new grade, it felt like I was a first year teacher all over again. Anyway, I'll post updates about launching Daily 5 and math stations as this week unfolds. Good luck to all the teachers out there! It's going to be an awesome year! :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment