This year, I decided to revamp my classroom library. I have had several books donated throughout the year and as much as I tried to level the books in my library so the kids would find a "good fit" book, I felt that my organization was not enough. I want to have more of a handle on the lexile level of the books in my class library.
WARNING: This is time consuming but you can use this website to look up the books in your library and mark their lexile.
I went through most of the books in my library and grouped them by lexile levels. The students are tested throughout the year with the Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI). By organizing my books with the lexile numbers instead of letters like I did last year, they will be more aware of their lexile range, have more access to truly good fit books, and increase motivation to increase their SRI score/lexile level.
Even though this has taken up a huge chunk of my time, I really think this is going to be so helpful in my classroom!
I'll update with a final picture of my library when I finish it tomorrow. Like I said, it is pretty time consuming!