Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thankful

On my way home from working my second 12+ hour work day at school, I got a call from my husband saying not to freak out about the cops being at our house. Apparently sometime today, someone dumped a laundry basket full of clothes and set it on fire on the sidewalk in front of our house. After my initial confusion and worry, I realized how incredibly lucky we are. I am so glad it rained today and the fire didn't spread to the yard or house. I know this is a random situation but it got me thinking.

I am so thankful for for my husband, my home, and my job. I get to wake up every morning and go to a job that I love and come home at night to a man who supports me and loves me unconditionally. We have a home, a dog, and a long, happy future ahead of us. We have family and friends that make life even more enjoyable. I'm not sure what the deal is with our little bonfire this afternoon but at least it gave me a chance to take a moment and reflect on all the great things we have going on in our lives. :)


1 comment:

  1. Yikes Caitlin, I am So glad the fire didn't spread too!

    ReplyDelete